Sunday, June 7, 2009

Use for Leftover Pancake Batter

We had house guests this weekend and one of the adults made pancakes today using my low carb bake mix (similar to Bisquick). There was about half of a mixing bowl leftover and I didn't want it to go to waste. The mixture had gotten very thick having absorbed all the milk so I immediately thought "quick bread!".

I added a couple of large handfuls of shredded cheddar cheese to the batter, as well as the remnants of a bottle of bacon bits and a liberal dosing of jalapeno pepper sauce. I poured the whole mess into a greased loaf pan and baked at 350 for about 40 minutes.

The result was interesting. The flavor was really good but the texture kind of fell apart and it was sunk in the middle. I think batter made with regular flour would have given this a much better texture. The flavor is good enough that I will be making it again, but instead will use standard muffin tins. The smaller size should help produce a much more consistent texture.

Any other ideas for using leftover pancake batter?

No comments:

Post a Comment