Saturday, November 21, 2009

Let's Tax the Crap Out of Hollywood



I found my self shouting "Hell yeah!!!" with my fist raised as I was reading this.

Tapping the Golden Vein

posted at 1:10 pm on November 21, 2009 by Doctor Zero
Share on Facebook | printer-friendly

Centuries ago, at the beginning of the Obama Administration, we were told that the “obscene” bonuses of AIG executives should be taxed away, with special taxes that amounted to bills of attainder. This is not the first time we’ve seen specific industries targeted with massive taxes because they were deemed immoral. The outstanding example is the tobacco industry, which the government uses as a trained vampire, sending it forth to suck tax revenue from the lungs of smokers. Big Oil gets soaked with a lot of taxes, too, justified in part by the merciless profiteering and environmental disdain of its chief executives. Of course, Big Tobacco and Big Oil still make money, but the government makes more from their products than they do.


One industry has thus far been able to escape punitive taxation, despite routinely employing shadowy accounting practices, spending fantastic amounts of money, and reaping obscene profits. It produces a product that often causes significant damage to the social environment. It raises its price to the consumer relentlessly, with no measurable increase in quality. Top employees can rake in $20 million or more in a single year, while frequently maintaining foreign residences to escape high tax rates. They often extract fat paychecks from their companies, even when their failures cost the company staggering amounts of money. While it generates much of its income in the United States, it’s one of the worst industries for outsourcing jobs overseas.


It’s time to tap the last untouched golden vein in the American economic bloodstream. Let’s tax the crap out of Hollywood.


Read the rest here

I've never understood slobbering over celebrities and I certainly don't understand the hoopla over skeevy Johnny Depp. I'm tired of being told how to live my life by the likes of Barbra
Streisand, Queen of Excess and the rest of those nagging celebrities whose hypocrisy is worn like a badge of honor.

Some enterprising congressman or senator really needs to take a close look at this. I mean really, if they suddenly have to pay their "fair share" is anyone really going to feel sorry for them? Aside of themselves?

Me thinks not.

3 comments:

  1. Awww, I love Johnny Depp. (In a from afar kind of way... I'm pretty sure he smells...)

    The thing I hate most about the addle-brained celebtards is their unabashed hypocrisy.

    They want *us* to pay boatloads of taxes to help "the poor", yet they incorporate themselves to protect *their* personal income.

    Jim Carrey (whom I DESPISE) was yammering the other day about the evils of capitalism. I noticed that he didn't finish his screed with the words, "Blah, blah, capitalism is evil, and that's why I'm donating all of my money to the government to distribute as they wish."

    Assclowns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will never watch a movie with Jim Carrey in it. He is a talentless hack. I pretty much stick with independents where the budget is low, the acting is great, the production values wonderful, and the inflated ego ratio much lower.

    Sometimes I am disappointed, but more often not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only thing I've been able to tolerate Carrey in was "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"... I loved that movie. Other than that? No, thank you.

    I should probably watch more indy movies... expand my mind, and all that.

    ReplyDelete